This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Can't Get Into Spywareinfo.com

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Yesterday afternoon I started having problems getting into the Spywareinfo forums. Kept getting a blank page. Worked fine for a little while this morning, but the problems started again. Here's what I got when I used View Source:





	<body>
    <center>
    <h1></h1>
           
   
   <a href="http://64.70.7.141/blank.htm?domain=spywareinfo.com">Click here to enter</a>          
          </center>        </body>

When I had the problems yesterday, landings.overtureparking.com was in place of 64.70.7.141 in the src and a href items. Ad-Aware found nothing, The HijackThis log was clean, host file wasn't changed (no write access to it). Any ideas?

– LB
Hi VashonDude,

SpwareInfo is working OK for me, both the site and the forums :)

Try again, and if you still get no joy then go to the HijackThis section, start a new topic, and post a HijackThis log along with an explanation of the problem (maybe even linking back to this thread).

I seem to remember seeing that overtureparkings thing causing problems in someone else's log.

Keying that IP address into Google and clicking on "find sites that contain the term" turns up 2 Chinese sites and one Russian site. Very suspicious.

Pinging landings.overtureparking.com gives me the same IP address.

There are few complaints of this on the Net in various places, but mostly on foreign-language sites.

Ah, here it is - strange problem - seemed to autoclear itself. :unsure:
I tried this on a co-workers computer and ended up with the same result. I got a feeling that the server here at work may be blocking access to it. I can get onto the spywareinfo front page with no problem and all other parts of the site except the forums. The worst part of the inability to access the forums is that I'm working on several HJT logs over there, but can't get to them. – LB