Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't Get Into Spywareinfo.com

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VashonDude

VashonDude

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:10 AM

Yesterday afternoon I started having problems getting into the Spywareinfo forums. Kept getting a blank page. Worked fine for a little while this morning, but the problems started again. Here's what I got when I used View Source:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
<!-- web05 --><HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<META content="" name=description>
<META content="" name=keywords></HEAD><FRAMESET border=0 frameSpacing=0 
rows=100%,* frameBorder=0 noresize><FRAME name=MainFrame 
src="http://64.70.7.141/blank.htm?domain=spywareinfo.com" 
noResize><NOFRAMES>
	<body>
    <center>
    <h1></h1>
           <br>
    <br>
    <a href="http://64.70.7.141/blank.htm?domain=spywareinfo.com">Click here to enter</a>
           <br>
           </center>
        </body>
</NOFRAMES></FRAMESET></HTML>

When I had the problems yesterday, landings.overtureparking.com was in place of 64.70.7.141 in the src and a href items. Ad-Aware found nothing, The HijackThis log was clean, host file wasn't changed (no write access to it). Any ideas?

-- LB

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Angoid

Angoid

Developer

• Dev
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Church, Computers, R/C model aircraft

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:13 PM

Hi VashonDude,

SpwareInfo is working OK for me, both the site and the forums :)

Try again, and if you still get no joy then go to the HijackThis section, start a new topic, and post a HijackThis log along with an explanation of the problem (maybe even linking back to this thread).

I seem to remember seeing that overtureparkings thing causing problems in someone else's log.

Keying that IP address into Google and clicking on "find sites that contain the term" turns up 2 Chinese sites and one Russian site. Very suspicious.

Pinging landings.overtureparking.com gives me the same IP address.

There are few complaints of this on the Net in various places, but mostly on foreign-language sites.

Ah, here it is - strange problem - seemed to autoclear itself. :unsure:
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.

#3 VashonDude

VashonDude

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:23 PM

I tried this on a co-workers computer and ended up with the same result. I got a feeling that the server here at work may be blocking access to it. I can get onto the spywareinfo front page with no problem and all other parts of the site except the forums. The worst part of the inability to access the forums is that I'm working on several HJT logs over there, but can't get to them. -- LB