Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Random Reboots

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MICK79

MICK79

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:39 AM

For a few months now I`ve been having trouble with the computer shutting itself down then rebooting itself & running Scandisk (as it thinks I haven`t shut it down properly). The screen goes black then I hear the beep before it reboots & does it`s memory test ((at least one or more per day)(unless I get a lucky day with no prob`s). I had to reformat my hard drive due to a different problem,even though the same problem was occurring, so I can rule out a virus. Here are the computer`s details:- Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.2222 A Clean install using Full OEM CD /T:C:\WININST0.400 /SrcDir=E:\WIN98 /IZ /IS /IQ /IT /II /NR /II /C /U:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx IE 5 6.0.2800.1106 Uptime: 0:00:08:02 Normal mode On "M1N5H1" as "MICK" GenuineIntel Pentium® II Processor 192MB RAM 69% system resources free Windows-managed swap file on drive C (11788MB free) Available space on drive C: 11788MB of 14638MB (FAT32) I`ve noticed that it mostly occurs when I run a couple of tasks at the same time, or if a programme isn`t responding when I click on it & wait (I used to get access violatition errors etc before this, but I haven`t had any since). Sometimes when I shut it down correctly, except it doesn`t, it just restarts itself without a re-boot (this is very seldom though) I`d be grateful for any help, as I`m only a novice & it`s always best to ask the experts. sincerely MICK79 mickadams79@tiscali.co.uk

Advertisements

Register to Remove