Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Real Spy Monitor?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheAJKMan

TheAJKMan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:03 PM

HI there folks I'm hoping that you guys can help me with a problem I seem to have picked up recently. I'm running adaware SE, spybot and spy sweeper. Spy Sweeper has recently picked up something called "Real SPy Monitor" on my system in a hidden folder. I cannot remember how to unhide these kinds of folders, having only vaugely glanced at the threads that pertained to spyware doing this kinda junk. The proggy says it can't remove the folder as it still contains files. A search turns up nothing, going to the C: prompt window also doesn't bring it up. I've run HJT and nothing in there that shouldn't be. How can I establish if this is legit, or a FP and most of all, how do I get rid of the blasted thing if it really is on my system. THanks. TheAJKMan

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

Greetings and welcome to TomCoyote.org!

Show hidden files.

From what I can tell, "Real Spy Monitor" is a keylogging program used to "spy" on people. If you didn't install it, then it definitely needs removed.

See this link.

If you still can't find it, let me know. There may be other ways to track it down, or at least disable it.

Take a look at this.

Edited by Micah_6:8, 22 October 2004 - 04:22 PM.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 TheAJKMan

TheAJKMan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:40 AM

Thanks for the response, I think I may have installed it thinking that it was a genuine antispyware product, but when I saw keylogging etc, I uninstalled it. Yet a part of it remained and hidden at that. HAve followed the first 2 steps of the three you provided and it seems to so far have done the trick. Am d/l the proggy you gave a link to and will run that as well. Am running Spy sweeper again as well in the interim for good measure. Am also gonna go and see what registry entries I can find and hack them out :) Will update you on my progress. THanks again for the help. TheAJKMan