This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Real Spy Monitor?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

HI there folks I'm hoping that you guys can help me with a problem I seem to have picked up recently. I'm running adaware SE, spybot and spy sweeper. Spy Sweeper has recently picked up something called "Real SPy Monitor" on my system in a hidden folder. I cannot remember how to unhide these kinds of folders, having only vaugely glanced at the threads that pertained to spyware doing this kinda junk. The proggy says it can't remove the folder as it still contains files. A search turns up nothing, going to the C: prompt window also doesn't bring it up. I've run HJT and nothing in there that shouldn't be. How can I establish if this is legit, or a FP and most of all, how do I get rid of the blasted thing if it really is on my system. THanks. TheAJKMan
Greetings and welcome to TomCoyote.org!

Show hidden files.

From what I can tell, "Real Spy Monitor" is a keylogging program used to "spy" on people. If you didn't install it, then it definitely needs removed.

See this link.

If you still can't find it, let me know. There may be other ways to track it down, or at least disable it.

Take a look at this.
Thanks for the response, I think I may have installed it thinking that it was a genuine antispyware product, but when I saw keylogging etc, I uninstalled it. Yet a part of it remained and hidden at that. HAve followed the first 2 steps of the three you provided and it seems to so far have done the trick. Am d/l the proggy you gave a link to and will run that as well. Am running Spy sweeper again as well in the interim for good measure. Am also gonna go and see what registry entries I can find and hack them out :) Will update you on my progress. THanks again for the help. TheAJKMan