This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

SpyCatcher results

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello! I have recently run SpyCatcher Express (this is the freeware version). It has found the following suspicious traces, but unfortunately I can not decide whether I should remove them? Can you help me somebody please? The list of the suspicious traces is as follows: C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\FileStamps.dll C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\bye1A.tmp\Disk1\1.54\Iniexpander.exe C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\bye2A.tmp\Disk1\1.54\Iniexpander.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\pbjnnwgh.dll C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\pft19~tmp\sc\gsdk.dll C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\CmdLineExt03.dll C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\is-GI0UI.tmp\SecurityUtil.dll C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\is-9SNF2.tmp\SecurityUtil.dll C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\is-4GT9T.tmp\SecurityUtil.dll C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsecsjof.dll Many Thanks! Istvan
Hi Hegist,

of the items you list:

these are in your Temporary Folder and probably got placed there when you installed SpyCatcher or some other application, and remain as "remnants" of the installation. They can be safely deleted.

C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\FileStamps.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\bye1A.tmp\Disk1\1.54\Iniexpander.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\bye2A.tmp\Disk1\1.54\Iniexpander.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\pft19~tmp\sc\gsdk.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\CmdLineExt03.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\is-GI0UI.tmp\SecurityUtil.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\is-9SNF2.tmp\SecurityUtil.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\Istvan\Local Settings\Temp\is-4GT9T.tmp\SecurityUtil.dll

These two items are "suspicious" in that they appear as "randomly-named" .dll files that bring no result via google. (not good)

C:\WINDOWS\System32\pbjnnwgh.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsecsjof.dll

They may be legitimate, they may be part of a malicious process. I don't know
But if they were in the System32 Folder on my machine…
My onboard AntiVirus
My Spybot Search and Destroy
My ewido trojan scan
A couple of online scanners like:
—HouseCall http://www.housecall.trendmicro.com
—Panda Online Scan http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/acti…CACHEHINT=Guest
I'd be running a HighJack This

If I found no information via the above scans, and my machine was having other problems/symptoms, I'd probably run a HighJackThis and post over in the Malware Removal Forum for Expert Advice.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI