This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Ie Responds So Slow. Am I Hijacked?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My IE responds so slow that I have to wait 10-20 seconds after the page shows up before I can input text or click on other links on that page. My computer seems very busy in the backgroung that it do not have time to do the work I asked. Am I hijacked?

I have run CWShredder which indicated no problem, and Ad-Ware SE and Spybot S&D both of which showed there are four items of AtlEvent. I fixed them every time, but they just do go away and re-appear. I even tried to fix them with both program under the Safe Mode, but no luck. Are these Atlevent the reason that my IE is responding so slow?

Below is my HiJack This Log, hope somebody can help me with this. Thanks

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 下午 05:33:13, on 2004/10/17
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\HotkeyApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\KeyHook.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\CtrlVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\Wbutton.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Powerkey\powerkey.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\TELUS Security service\Freedom.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\zh-tw\msnappau.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system\mfcurl.exe
C:\Acertool\Adaptec\EASYCD~1\CreateCD\CreateCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wfxsnt40.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\WinFax\wfxctl32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WFXSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec\WinFax\WFXMOD32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec\WinFax\WFXMOD32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

O1 - Hosts: 202.173.51.12 www.e-fpg.com.tw
O1 - Hosts: 192.192.21.16 www.iner.gov.tw
O2 - BHO: Pop-Up Blocker BHO - {3C060EA2-E6A9-4E49-A530-D4657B8C449A} - C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\TELUS Security service\pkR.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Form Filler BHO - {56071E0D-C61B-11D3-B41C-00E02927A304} - C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\TELUS Security service\FreeBHOR.dll
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.02.3000.1002\en-xu\stmain.dll
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar\01.02.3000.1001\zh-tw\msntb.dll
O2 - BHO: CATLEvents Object - {FD8609EC-7D7C-4778-AB8F-0053245550EF} - C:\DOCUME~1\JOSEPH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\lrucfm.dat
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar\01.02.3000.1001\zh-tw\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: 收音機(&R) - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch App] c:\DMSINFO\launapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LaunchAp] "C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\LaunchAp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotkeyApp] "C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\HotkeyApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KeyHook] "C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\KeyHook.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CtrlVol] "C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\CtrlVol.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Wbutton] "C:\Program Files\Acer\Launch Manager\Wbutton.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Powerkey] "C:\Program Files\Acer\Powerkey\powerkey.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIMETIPSYNC] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\IME\IMTC60\Phonetic\TINTLCFG.EXE /PHIMETIPSync
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TELUS Security service] C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\TELUS Security service\Freedom.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\zh-tw\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [*mfcurl] C:\WINDOWS\system\mfcurl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CreateCD] C:\Acertool\Adaptec\EASYCD~1\CreateCD\CreateCD.exe -r
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [*mfcurl] C:\WINDOWS\system\mfcurl.exe rerun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.e-fpg.com.tw
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.royalbank.com
O16 - DPF: ppctlcab - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/ppctlcab.cab
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {4169B5A0-9048-11D6-BDFF-00C0F024AF20} (ActiveXTester.TesterControl) - http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/BrowserSecur…tiveXTester.ocx
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (趨勢科技線上掃毒程式) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8699D723-6DC6-47D3-B55C-489BA006B917} - http://tdmy.com/180/webinstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {9B5EDF62-3E01-11D5-9F9F-0000E2384C92} (manage Class for two key) - https://rao.tradevan.com.tw/ctrl6.cab
O16 - DPF: {BD1492B2-3E06-11D5-9F9F-0000E2384C92} (pki Class for two key) - http://202.173.51.12/transcom2.cab
O16 - DPF: {EE2589EB-7FC8-44DB-A892-573F2C4B41E0} - http://pdf.forbes.com/forbesnews/triggerne…oaderSigned.cab
O16 - DPF: {FBF8F412-3DF3-11D5-9F9F-0000E2384C92} (Genkey Class for two key) - https://rao.tradevan.com.tw/atl9.cab
It has been a few days since you posted your information here - and I am sorry that we have not got to you earlier. If you still need assistance - please post back with a fresh hijackthis log taken after a reboot of the computer.
Hello ChrisRLG, Thank you very much for your response. I understand you all are very busy helping people and I admire all of you. My problem had been solved after using similar methods that your experts advised some other people with the same/similar problems as mine. I have been using my compuetr without any problem for several weeks. I also used the advise in the forum to protect my comoputer from any future malware. The information in your forum is still a great help to me which I appreciate very much. Thanks and regards, Joseph3105
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it
reopened, please send us an email (Click here to email) with a link to your thread.


Donations in support of this Web Site are always appreciated

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI