Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Paretologic Xsoftspy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eingram

eingram

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

I have Ad-aware SE Plus, Spybot S&D 1.3, Aluria Spyware Eliminator, and was in the process of trying Xsoft Spy. I downloaded it and it found the registry entries pertaining to Aluria and marked them as spyware. When I open Aluria's protection section, I find that they have placed Paretologic.com on the restricted site list in IE 6. In addition, they have placed clickbank.com in the restricted zone, where XsoftSpy can be purchased. Is this just underhanded blocking of competition, or are one or both pgms spyware? :(

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:31 PM

hello,

there has been an "explosion" of apps claiming to remove crapware, and most are carp**.

i would stick with lavasofts Ad Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Web Root Spy Sweeper or Pest patrol.

http://www.spywarewa...nti-spyware.htm
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 eingram

eingram

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for the general info. I was kinda looking for specific knowledge about these two. Aluria has been well reviewed by PC Mag.