Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Pnp Bios Extension Prob.....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 darkstar71

darkstar71

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:08 PM

I decided to remove some software that I wasn't using, Daemon Tools and Ashampoo Uninstaller(was upgrading to uninstaller suite) so I removed them. First off the Daemon Tools with the ashampoo uninstaller. On rebooting the computer, after uninstall, I noticed that every time I tried to access a folder within a folder(any) the computer began to freeze and the only way of solving it was to end the explorer.exe in the task manager. I eventually found the problem which was the Daemon.dll file somehow was spyware.
The problem then arose after I'd used advanced uninstaller pro to clean out problems with my registry after using spybot to rid myself o spyware. I found out that the computer was doing odd things like being slow at times, ashampoo was taking years to save a registry before installation and now the internet sometimes just freezes with no upload or download along with not being able to reconnect to the internet(I have to restart). I opened up device manager and can see a yellow exclamation next to PnP Bios Extension, inside System devices and once accessed see the following :

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I have scanned with Norton, Online Trend Micro and can't find any virus,worm or Trojan. There is to the best of my knowledge no spyware on my computer. I thought it may be the Blaster Worm but it wasn't. My computer is a lot slower now and I'm completely stumped as what to do next other than a reformatt and start again.
Would reinstalling Windows so it can write back to the registry again solve the problem of accidental registry deletion(which I think it may be)?

Advertisements

Register to Remove