Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Replacing Second Hdd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saj202

saj202

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:16 PM

Right, I have two hard drives installed on my computer currently. I am awaiting the delivery of a new hard drive I have ordered. So I will have to remove the second(slave) HDD in order for this new HDD to be installed and eventually become the master drive. Now I was wondering, when removing this second HDD, do I have to go on 'Add/Remove Hardware' to remove it or could I just skip this and physically unplug it and put the new hard drive in? Would skipping this step affect the new HDD? All help is gretaly appreciated Thank You

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Guest_Scarecrow Man_*

Guest_Scarecrow Man_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:20 AM

Just physically. The next time windows starts, it won't load any drivers for it. You may need to change the jumper settings, to change your new drive to slave or master, etc. But again, just plug it in and let PNP do the rest. PNP = Plug and Play (or Plug and Pray) ;)