This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Replacing Second Hdd

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Right, I have two hard drives installed on my computer currently. I am awaiting the delivery of a new hard drive I have ordered. So I will have to remove the second(slave) HDD in order for this new HDD to be installed and eventually become the master drive. Now I was wondering, when removing this second HDD, do I have to go on 'Add/Remove Hardware' to remove it or could I just skip this and physically unplug it and put the new hard drive in? Would skipping this step affect the new HDD? All help is gretaly appreciated Thank You
Just physically. The next time windows starts, it won't load any drivers for it. You may need to change the jumper settings, to change your new drive to slave or master, etc. But again, just plug it in and let PNP do the rest. PNP = Plug and Play (or Plug and Pray) ;)