This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Ad Aware Or Zone Alarm Recommended?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have the free versions of Ad Aware SE and Zone Alarm installed. I see that by purchasing the upgrade to either of these programs I can acquire much more control and protection from unwanted nasties such as pop ups and the like which are driving me nuts. I have IE 6.0 SP1 on my PC, but only use Mozilla Firefox now and still get these darn nasties jumping up at me. So my question is, what is the most effective way to rectify this problem, and why do I still get these when using (supposed pop up blocking) Mozilla? Shall I purchase an upgrade to one or the other, or seek out a seperate program, free or otherwise, to block the nasties? Any other advice one may have about this would be most appreciated. Thanx