Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Noticing A Trend

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:09 PM

As I was hopping from board to board this afternoon.. I counted about 12 different people having lost copy and paste functions as well as searching for files or folder.. I guess this could be coincidence.. but sure is alot of'm if it is... anyway.. thought ya'll might wanna check that out.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

CEO - Chief Elvish Officer

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:47 PM

Crow, I have seen this problem in the last few days as well, mainly on Win2K machines. This is the result, I think, of that RPC problem again. These people need to patch if they didn't already. And scan for viruses (in case they got the blaster carp**...). Some other symptoms were, svchost errors.....and tftp file errors as well. All of these point to the same issue. PATCH PATCH PATCH!!!
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

#3 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 13 August 2003 - 05:15 PM

Well, either your right (which you nailed it on win2k) and it is a remnant.. or no one has scaned yet and reported back.. oh and btw.. have you got Firebird yet...lol.. I dont know how web programers could work without it.... tabbed browsing is essential, helps when having huge app's open and then having to open another browser..

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#4 Galadriel

Galadriel

CEO - Chief Elvish Officer

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 05:17 PM

No I haven't got the time to fiddle with Firebird yet.... soon I hope. But I'm getting my share of tabbed browsing... :P Wouldn't have it any other way!!!
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'