This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Spam-virus Marriage Seen As Leading 2004 Internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

"In the last six months, MessageLabs Inc. has seen a steady rise in the use of spam and virus techniques in sending out junk e-mail hawking drugs, pornography and sexual enhancements. "

"The Minneapolis-based company, which filters corporate e-mail for spam and viruses, intercepts about 27 spam messages a second today, up from two per second at the same time last year. Sixty-six percent of those messages are generated from PCs that have been taken over by spammers without the knowledge of the computers' owners, Mark Sunner, chief technology officer for MessageLabs, said.

Emphasis my own.

http://www.securitypipeline.com/news/showA…icleId=16600263
YoKenny, interesting info on the security pipeline link. Now that I have some time before classes start again I think I will spend some time reading there. Thanks for posting that. Abs/San