This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Please Help Solve Aol Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I need help in solving a problem which started tonight. When I try to launch AOL I get a series of error messages and de-bugging screens. The first thing that comes up is "Vs7jit has caused an error in MSCTF.dll". I click the "Close" button and get the following debugging screen with the message: "Runtime Error" "New instance of Microsoft Script Editor". If I click on "yes", to debug, and get "Microsoft runtime error, Object Required:" "viewpoint". I contacted AOL but their suggestion (removing AOL Coach 1.0") didn't solve the problem. Any help would be most appreciated.
Could you give us a few more details. Like the OS.. how much ram.. etc..etc. From what you stated so far it sounds like your going to neec to re-install aol. You can also try uninstalling the addaptor. Click on start - programs - aol - aol system and under one iof the tabs (think its modem but its been awhile) you find appaptor, simply click to uninstall it. Close out aol and re-open it. AOL is desgined to "fix" itself at launch. Basically that means that everytime you open it, it will run a check on things. When you re-start aol, if the addaptor does not install then.. your going to have to reinstall Aol