Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Please Help Solve Aol Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rwiley02

rwiley02

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:42 PM

I need help in solving a problem which started tonight. When I try to launch AOL I get a series of error messages and de-bugging screens. The first thing that comes up is "Vs7jit has caused an error in MSCTF.dll". I click the "Close" button and get the following debugging screen with the message: "Runtime Error" "New instance of Microsoft Script Editor". If I click on "yes", to debug, and get "Microsoft runtime error, Object Required:" "viewpoint". I contacted AOL but their suggestion (removing AOL Coach 1.0") didn't solve the problem. Any help would be most appreciated.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:33 AM

Could you give us a few more details. Like the OS.. how much ram.. etc..etc. From what you stated so far it sounds like your going to neec to re-install aol. You can also try uninstalling the addaptor. Click on start - programs - aol - aol system and under one iof the tabs (think its modem but its been awhile) you find appaptor, simply click to uninstall it. Close out aol and re-open it. AOL is desgined to "fix" itself at launch. Basically that means that everytime you open it, it will run a check on things. When you re-start aol, if the addaptor does not install then.. your going to have to reinstall Aol

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"