This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I just wanted to thank you guys for your FABULOUS work! My browser got hijacked last week by Countere/Realsearcher (homepage redirected, tons of porn sites added to my "favorites" list, etc) and I was pulling my hair out by the roots. I read your instructions, followed them…and oila! No more hijacking (well, at least for the past hour or so). You guys are the best! Thanks again. :D
I went into the forums, and searched for "Countere" and "realsearcher". That led me to a bunch of HijackThis logs, and the dialogs between the Coyote people and the users showed me how to correct the problem. Basically, I downloaded HijackThis, then ran a log and compared it to the logs posted on this site. I saw what needed to be removed, deleted them, and the problem was fixed. Good luck!