This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Firefox Browser Hijack

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My Firefox browser is being hijacked. About 50% of the time when I click on a search link in google it takes me to a random webpage, not the one I clicked on. Spybot, Avira, Malwarebytes, and Super Anti Spyware can't spot it. Throwing up a hijack this log, can anyone here succeed where the programs can't? Thanks!!! [File edited out for privacy]
I believe it's the FF extension XULRunner

Try this:

The usual method for uninstalling extensions and themes is by using the Add-ons manager for your Mozilla application, as follows.

1.Click "Tools -> Add-ons (Add-on Manager in SeaMonkey 2)
2.Click on the Extensions or Themes button on the top.
3.Click on the extension or theme you want to uninstall. XULRunner
4.Click Uninstall.
5.Restart your Mozilla application.

Let me know if that fixed it
That seems to have fixed it. What a strange add-on. Could you provide me any explanation on how/why this add-on might have gotten installed on my firefox so I can prevent it from happening again? Thanks a ton man!!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI