Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Please Help! Sound Problems!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Plato986

Plato986

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:31 PM

Hey everyone, I have an HP 7955 home PC. And I just moved it across the room to my new computer desk. Well, now, I can't listen to any sounds, with out them sounding all choppy. This wasn't a problem, before the move. Now, whenever I try and listen to ANY music, off of the INTERNET, or music that was all ready on the computer, it's scratchy and it kind of skips. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shocdoc

shocdoc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:51 AM

Assuming that the move across the room went well (i.e. the cpu did not fall on the ground or anything :)), did anything else change? If all was fine and the move was smooth and there is no new hardware or software installed, it sounds like there is a bad connection or wire somewhere. Are you using wired or wireless speakers? What is the soundcard? Is the driver up to date? (Etc, etc)Assuming that you did not change anything in regards to settings of the sound card and whatever you are using to play the music if it is an internal problem there would generally be no sound all. If the problem is static and crackly sound, that sounds like a bad connection/wire or interference from another source if it is a wireless connection.

Edited by shocdoc, 11 August 2004 - 12:17 PM.

#3 Plato986

Plato986

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 12:21 PM

The move went well, no drops, or anything like that. Wires speakers, I'm not sure what the sound card is, something "KEWL" sound, or something like that. But it's built into the motherboard. And the driver seems to be up to date, as all the sounds were working literally an HOUR before I moved it. Thanks