Hey everyone, I have an HP 7955 home PC. And I just moved it across the room to my new computer desk. Well, now, I can't listen to any sounds, with out them sounding all choppy. This wasn't a problem, before the move. Now, whenever I try and listen to ANY music, off of the INTERNET, or music that was all ready on the computer, it's scratchy and it kind of skips. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks.
Assuming that the move across the room went well (i.e. the cpu did not fall on the ground or anything :)), did anything else change? If all was fine and the move was smooth and there is no new hardware or software installed, it sounds like there is a bad connection or wire somewhere. Are you using wired or wireless speakers? What is the soundcard? Is the driver up to date? (Etc, etc)Assuming that you did not change anything in regards to settings of the sound card and whatever you are using to play the music if it is an internal problem there would generally be no sound all. If the problem is static and crackly sound, that sounds like a bad connection/wire or interference from another source if it is a wireless connection.
The move went well, no drops, or anything like that. Wires speakers, I'm not sure what the sound card is, something "KEWL" sound, or something like that. But it's built into the motherboard. And the driver seems to be up to date, as all the sounds were working literally an HOUR before I moved it.
Thanks