This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Macrium reflect 8

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just paid for Macrium. I tried to remove an old image with explorer but MIG stopped it. I can disable it but there is a better way, however, I am having trouble finding it. Could you pease describe  how to remove an old Image  still  keeping MIG on?

Thank you

Peter

The forum advises to not disable Guardian so you are less vulnerable. I found that by enabling under 'other tasks' to 'enable MIG settings and turn on.

Then go to existing backups. Now see the date you want to delete and hilite it. Then you can remove it. Go back to explorer and if it is still there you can now delete it. This way you never leave the protection of MIG but can still delete the image.

If I was not clear, Rich, please let me know.

I came here 'cause the foru was like a bot without much direction and remembered you had Macrium.

I just paid after years  of free. :)

Open Macrium>other tasks>Macrium Image GuardianSetting>turn on or is on by default. Close it.

Upper left of Macrium = Click Existing Backups- it is  'under updates'.

Lower right = find the image you want to remove and tap and under it is it's contents or the same thing as long as you have chosen the right date image. The image looks like there is two of them one is top and one is like subimage but it is all same backup. After clicking the slection, it will hilite choices. Just above you see choices and one is "delete". Click "delete" and it is removed. Go to file explorer and if it is still there you now can delete it.

The point is; 

If you work with MIG instead of just Explorer you are safe, hence guardian. 

Write back if not clear and I will refine my explanation. :)

I know you don't use Guardian but I found a couple of features I thought were noteworthy one is that when you turn Gaudian off you have to quit your session go back to desktop open Macrium and then turn guardian on. 

The other is that the key that I found to opening Macrium for any reason is the  "Installer."

I found several ways to do this;

https://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v8/reflectdlfull.exe takes you to the installer which then is traight forward.

This is a second way - Go to Macrium 8 site>knowledge base>support>Installer

This last is from Youtube and may not be permanent https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqa3RmTVVjXzk0S0FxaFZPUGU5eFg4U25GNzRVd3xBQ3Jtc0ttRy1aSExYMVBnUzRvUkYwcVlMS3FlWFRkbW5SUEJNS0xHNHEwVGhOeUJXaHcxQVE1WnNvMEI1T29TU0wycVhMOENHY2lyWkZHb1ZONm9MUC1LN0J6Sm1SWTU2YU85aktuaWsweXBfUUkxSFF4cFFvVQ&q=https%3A%2F%2Fupdates.macrium.com%2Freflect%2Fv8%2Freflectdlfull.exe&v=5LJXbV-FXqc

At any rate Installer is the key to all access to the installer itself and as long as one has the key can maneuver the site.

Lastly,for those who want to find a message when someone writes to you and brings you to the forum, If you want to find the topic when someone emails you  = click the red ball>subscriptions>topic.

Let's hope this helps some of those new to Macrium paid.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI