This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

security

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Malwarebytes end point security has ended I believe. I had been running it often along side Defender.

Would this be a good reason to change to a different malware program if you have Defender with Windows 11?

Rich I remember you using Malwarebytes professional and I read about this endpoint security not have any idea what it was I thought youd be interested in knowing that it had ended and Google it if you so wish to I use the free version along side windows defender Peter

I have no idea what is is/was. I still use MBAM and am perfectly happy with it in conjunction with Defender.

 

A quick look shows it seems to be for businesses and was not part of Malwarebytes but had to be purchased. I don't see anything about it going away, do you have a link?

Rich

No, I'm sorry I don't have a link.  I just remember reading it and putting it together with your name + Malwarebytes. I remembered that you are a member of the pro version.

The feature 'endpoint security', likely has to do with business but in case you had not read about it I was just updating you.

I was reading some articles and can not remember which contained the information.

Stay well,

Peter

P.S. the edit is b/c I sent the message via phone(voice to text) and it was not punctuated.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/what-is-endpoint-protection

 

As I understand things, Malwarebytes Endpoint Security is now a legacy product

 

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002457994-Legacy-Beta-Products

 

Current Business product I believe is Malwarebytes Nebula

 

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/sections/360006508934-Malwarebytes-Nebula

 

https://www.malwarebytes.com/business/cloud

Thanks for the information, Gary. It was interesting reading.

 

I noticed the MRU next to your name and wanted to ask if this has to do with  Mass Retirees United? t is run by Marie A.

[removed]. 

I get the newsletter so it caught my eye. 

 

When one installs  MBAM for the 2 week trial does it take over Defender and make it, Defender, like a stand alone scanner while  MBAM uses real time protection and does the job Defender used to do?

No Peter, MRU stands for Malware Removal University, the somewhat (to my mind anyway) pretentious name which the former owner of malware removal gave to the site's training course.

 

I joined the course in 2004, and have been an Admin there for the last ten years or so. I also re-wrote the training course.

 

https://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=61859#.U2K6PXZWJac

 

With the paid for version of Malwarebytes, and/or during the 14 day trial period, Malwarebytes will by default disable Microsoft Defender, and your real-time protection will be provided by Malwarebytes.

 

In the case of the free version, then after 14 days the real-time protection of Malwarebytes will de-activate, and Microsoft Defender should automatically take over, however I would alway recommend that people check manually that it has.

 

But ….. if you wish to run both together, you can do that by doing the following ….

 

  • Open Malwarebytes
  • Click on Settings (gear icon)
  • Click on Security
  • Under the section Windows Security Center … deselect … Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center

… in which case both Microsoft Defender and Malwarebytes will offer real-time protection.

 

They usually sit side by side without problem.

You're welcome.

 

I replied to your questions about malwarebytes in my last post, but I was editing it when you posted so you may not have seen my answers.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI