This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Preventing Windows Explorer from going 'not responding'

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When Windows Explorer opens the THIS PC screen in x32Win10ProV20H2, very often it does not fully populate. The right pane may be empty, or lack only the entry for the system drive – correspondingly the left (Navigation) pane will lack the system drive. After a while 'not responding' appears in the title bar. This happens only in the THIS PC screen of Windows Explorer, so I can get access to destinations I want, by avoiding THIS PC and using the navigation panel of other Windows Explorer screens. In the Save As window of video processing programs, the system drive is often missing from THIS PC. I'm looking for a SPECIFIC remedy for the problem – general procedures like scannow, DISM, scandisk etc have failed to fix it.

Personally? Use Chrome. Or Firefox. 

 

In actual ways to fix it, all I'd know how to do is reinstall it: If that doesn't work, hopefully the others have ideas.

Yes, after asking in many forums, I did get the suggestion to disconnect the phone from the PC - have not had the problem since.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI