This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

TwinUI.dll constantly crashes explorer.exe

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey,

 

So I've gotten myself a SSD and thought why not update to Windows 10 while I'm at it? So I did, but ran into a problem with my graphic drivers. After I didn't manage to find a way aroud that i installed Windows 10 on my HDD, where it runs just fine, however I want it on the SSD and clones the whole thing using EasueUS Partition Master.

Now there's a few things that don't add up:

If my HDD isn't mountet Windows will start but blackscreen just before I'd normally enter my PIN.

If it is mounted however for some reason even though I'm booting from the SSD it's D:System while my HDD is C:System, also the explorer.exe is constantly crashing and restarting (about twice a second) and with the evebtvwr.exe I've found out that it's caused by the twinUI.dll

Here's the crash report:

 

- System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Windows Error Reporting
    - EventID 1001
      [ Qualifiers] 0
      Level 4       Task 0       Keywords 0x80000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2015-06-14T14:36:19.000000000Z
      EventRecordID 3753       Channel Application       Computer WIN-JR2PNVHDVRL       Security
- EventData
              0       APPCRASH       Nicht verfügbar       0       explorer.exe       10.0.10130.0       55603ab3       TwinUI.dll       10.0.10130.0       55603afb       c0000005       00000000000cbe84                               D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_explorer.exe_e92cff896f853f66db12113e70a5fbdb5724ecd9_484fb5b1_0535a64f               0       549ae27d-8b16-41de-a211-e5efeb4146e6       4100      

 

 

Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
Ereignisname: APPCRASH
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: explorer.exe
P2: 10.0.10130.0
P3: 55603ab3
P4: TwinUI.dll
P5: 10.0.10130.0
P6: 55603afb
P7: c0000005
P8: 00000000000cbe84
P9:
P10:

Angefügte Dateien:

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_explorer.exe_e92cff896f853f66db12113e70a5fbdb5724ecd9_484fb5b1_0535a64f

Analysesymbol:
Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: 549ae27d-8b16-41de-a211-e5efeb4146e6
Berichtstatus: 4100
Bucket mit Hash:

 

SFC won't change anything (although I'll admit that I have no clue what it does anyway) and with chkdsk there seem to be no problems on the disk either. Also I've tried formating my SSD and cloning the whole thing again with the same result. Additionally I can say that it has something to do with Windows itself as the problem occurs even with a clean boot.

 

Im assuming it might be caused by the disk being D: instead of C: so maybe the registry can't find certain paths but that doesn't explain why I can't even really boot if my HDD isn't mounted (?)

 

I can run the PC by using my HDD, but I kind of want Windows to run on my SSD along with most other programs as my whole PC is limited to about 50-60% of what it could do most of the time because my disk is at 100%.

 

If anyone has an Idea I'd be really happy if you could let me know, beacuse I'm clueless and apparently google is too because I've tried everything I've found. Thanks in advance for your help.

SSD or HDD doesn't change the graphics driver setup. Should work the same on both.

 

Try doing the Windows 10 install on the SSD again, from scratch. Disconnect any other hard drive before doing the install.

 

Delete all partitions on the SSD then click Next. DO NOT create any partitions or format the SSD, let the install process take care of that.

 

See how that works.

Well that's what I tried but something went wrong with that. The graphic driver was installed but I got a code 43 on that, even after reinstalling that (including cleaning the registry) and reinstalling the chipsetdriver (do basically I'm too stupid to properly set up a windows system)

Try it again and if you get the graphics error post error message here and maybe we can help.

 

After you install Windows 10, do several Windows Updates from Settings then if the video is still messed up see what drivers are available.

Windows 10 is installed on the SSD now. I've installed the chipset driver, and after that the graphic driver. In the device manager when rightclicking and selecting update drivers windows tells me everything was up to date.

 

I've translated these as my Windows is in german, if you need the originals or if something doesn't add up just let me know

Properties - General

NVIDIA GTX 570

Devicetype: Graphiccard

Maufacturer: NVIDIA

Location: PCI-Bus 1, Device 0, Function 0

"The device was stopped because it reportet errors. (Code 43)"

 

 

Properties - events

 

Deviceinstallation required

"The device "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1\4&1cda0a78&0&0008" requires additional installations"

 

that one really is in there twice in a row

Deviceinstallation required

"The device "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1\4&1cda0a78&0&0008" requires additional installations"

 

Driver added (basic display)

The process for adding basic display for deviceinstance-ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1\4&1CDA0A78&0&0008 was finished with this status: 0.

 

Device installed (display.inf)

The process for installing the driver display.inf_amd64_fc8632867e8b2b6d\display.inf for deviceinstance-ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1\4&1CDA0A78&0&0008 was finished with this status: 0x0.

 

Driver added (nvlddmkm)

The process for adding nvlddmkm for deviceinstance-ID  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1\4&1CDA0A78&0&0008 was finished with this status: 0.

 

Device installed (nv_dispiwu.inf)

The process for installing the driver nv_dispiwu.inf_amd64_6192f091ec541a2c\nv_dispiwu.inf for deviceinstance-ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1\4&1CDA0A78&0&0008 was finished with this status: 0x0.

 

Driver added (nvlddmkm)

The process for adding nvlddmkm for deviceinstance-ID  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1\4&1CDA0A78&0&0008 was finished with this status: 0.

 

Device installed (nvmoi.inf)

The process for installing the driver nvmoi.inf_amd64_5f425b302c21fd02\nvmoi.inf for deviceinstance-ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_087E10DE&REV_A1\4&1CDA0A78&0&0008 was finished with this status: 0x0.

 

 

The NVIDIA GeForece Experience tells me it couldnt find any drivers for this PC.

 

The device is definitely working properly as there are no such issues when running Windows on my old hard drive, unfortunately thats about all I know.

Yup, that's the one I found as well. You could try going back one or two levels and see what happens.

 

Also do several more Windows Updates after rebooting, see if any other driver gets download and installed.

 

Nvidia has a driver scanner I think, maybe give that a try as well??

With an older version it actually does work!!!

So can I to update it (now? later?) or am I better off not changing anything since it is working?

Will do, thank you very much for your help.

 

On an unrelated topic… I just noticed an unknown device in the devicemanager. It appears that all the important things are running just fine (processor, RAM, soundcard, usb ports, and thanks to you my gtx570^^), any idea what it might be? Deviceinstancepath ACPI\INT33A0\0

If not that's fine too, I'm just wondering.

Yeah, I should've known better than just asking without having used google first, my bad.

But either way, thank you for your help, I'm really glad everything is working now.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI