This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Device security and incompatible drivers

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Neither MS nor the manufacturer has the drivers for these external drives, They are about 12 years old and I don't have the name only the serial #.
I updated SES and both WD Books. I also downloaded what I think was a legacy driver. Nothing worked and it prevents core isolation from working.
Is my best bet to transfer the material to new drives and get core isolation to work that way?

​Without these drives attached to the PC, core isolation still won't work and the message is these drivers are incompatible. So will I have to do a clean install to fix this issue once the external driver is an updated one? The issue is in the registry and I am not good at hacks there.

Device manager>view>hidden drives removed and core isolation could be enabled.

​I did do a clean installation after anyway. Too much diagnosing.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI