Hi
I'm running Windows 8 on a Toshiba Satelite. Lately I have experienced that the screen goes black all of a sudden, and nothing can change it.
Then, when I restart, it takes forever to open, and sometimes not at all.
Jens
1 min read
Hi
I'm running Windows 8 on a Toshiba Satelite. Lately I have experienced that the screen goes black all of a sudden, and nothing can change it.
Then, when I restart, it takes forever to open, and sometimes not at all.
Jens
Hi Jens. Try this: How To Fix A Black Screen After Booting Windows 8
Scroll down to: How to Fix Black Screen after Booting Windows 8?
Continue from there.
Hi, jensaxel, my name is Rob.
After following Ztruker's advice and if unsuccesful: I had this same issue with a work laptop running Win 8.1 and there was a BIOS update avaliable at the manufacturers website in which I installed and it fixed it.
Also, look for any other updates avaliable, i.e. drivers and such specific to your model at the manufacturers website.
I'm not implying that it will fix your issue but it's worth looking into.
Thanks!
Hi Ztruker
I don't have the Windows 8 boot disk, as I bought the computer second hand. Therefore the F8 option isn't available..
To Rob
Ok, thank you
I would expect by now you have Windows 8.1 and not Windows 8.
To check press Window key, type winver and press Enter.
Download Windows 8.1 Disc Image (ISO File)
Not sure what you need it for but it's easy enough to download and create a USB flash drive to use to install or repair with.
You're absolutely right, 8.1 it is
Hi everybody
I've done some Toshiba Updates, and the problem seems to have gone away.
Thanks
Thanks for letting us know.
Which updates did you perform? It will help others that are having similar issues if you put detailed solutions.
Oh, they were a series of updates, all proposed by Toshiba, which I didn't consider important like the video player (which I never use) and the like.
I wouldn´t have expected them to make a difference.
Thanks!
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI