This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Stripes accross screen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having a recurring issue with my six month old Toshiba laptop, it has Windows 8 installed. I don't shut it down at night, so it goes into sleep mode. When I try signing in in the morning it has pinstripe from left to right across the screen and the screen flickers. It also shows the left part of the screen on the right and the right on the left. The only way I can get rid of it is to restart my computer. I have attached a pic of my screen when this happens. Can anyone help?
Hi, sorry to hear of the problem with your computer. As its only 6 months old its probably wise as a first step to contact the vendor and ask them to fix it under the consumer protection laws operating in your jurisdiction, or alternatively under the warranty/guarantee. If you attempt to fix it yourself you risk invalidating your cover. There could be a number of causes of this problem but one is a hardware fault and this could involve disassembly of the computer and replacing parts. Regards paws

I don't shut it down at night, so it goes into sleep mode.

I don't shut mine down either - that should not be a problem.

This sounds like a graphics driver problem to me, where the driver is failing to sync the card with the monitor when waking up (assuming all works well after the reboot).

Have you visited the Toshiba webpage for you notebook for more current drivers?

You might try connecting an external monitor to it and see if the problem happens with it too. If so, you know the notebook monitor is good.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI