This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Old Pentium 1 PC running Windows 98 = what can I do with it?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an old Pentium 1 PC lying around.  It is running Windows 98 Second Edition.  It has a 6GB IDE hard drive, Intel Pentium MMX 200MGH CPU, 96 MB ram, a floppy drive and a CD drive.  However, there are no USB ports and I therefor cannot connect it to WiFi to access the internet.  Previously I used to connect with a dial-up modem but now I do not have a landline and therefore cannot connect.  Any suggestions what I can possibly do with the PC?  Admittedly the only thing to do is to trash it but I am sure someone can suggest a use for it!

It would not be wise to allow this computer to connect with other sources of data and especially the Internet (risk of infection, acquision of malicious code and becoming part of botnet/malicious/server etc.

 

Using it as a word processing machine would be one idea, anything really that does not involve accessing other data sources.

Regards

paws

Connect a heavy chain to it an use it as a boat anchor?

 

Take it to the range and use it for target practice?

 

There is no reason to keep it other than nostalgia.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI