Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Legacy and csm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

I referred to my content and saw where ztruker already explained this all in detail sometime ago. 

Memory like a sieve.

However, one question.  If legacy USB support is disabled, will I still be able to boot and use  mouse and keyboard?

Edited by Peter1, 08 December 2019 - 07:08 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:14 AM

Probably.

https://support.micr...our-computer-in

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:08 AM

That is difficult reading for me although i appreciate the link. It seems you are correct. Mine is enabled. But it seems there is more to it than that. that is why I ask. I did not know if I click default if I could make adjustments with the mouse and keyboard.

I would lose the configuration the builder made I guess.

All is staying well for now and thanks again.

P.S. Clearing the CMOS on your motherboard will reset your BIOS settings to their factory defaults, the settings that the motherboard maker decided were the ones that most people would use. One reason to clear CMOS is to help troubleshoot or solve certain computer problems or hardware compatibility issues.May 14, 2019

Edited by Peter1, 19 December 2019 - 11:10 AM.