This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

KVM/Switcher not spoofing EDID?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi folks,

 

Having a bit of of a vexing problem. I've just installed a new TESmart 8port 4k KVM switch. When I move between 4k sources it's fine, but whenver I switch over to a non 4k source, windows acts like the monitor is briefly disconnected and tosses all of my windows on to a secondary monitor. It's as if the KVM is not properly spoofing the EDID and sending it back to the PC.

 

To further complicate matters, I have a second switcher in between the KVM and the PC acting as a signal booster. The signal from the PC isn't quite strong enough without it. Both devices should be spoofing the EDID back to the PC, but still I am having this problem.

 

Is there maybe a windows setting to fix this, or maybe some kind of dedicated EDID cloner that can just always tell the PC it has a 4K monitor attached?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI