Lenovo 450 Win10 Pro.
Will some kind soul provide a link which I can use
to learn to create a System Image, in case something goes wrong
with my os.
Thank you.
2 min read
Lenovo 450 Win10 Pro.
Will some kind soul provide a link which I can use
to learn to create a System Image, in case something goes wrong
with my os.
Thank you.
I recommend Macrium Reflect Free edition. The best way to use it is to buy an external USB hard drive. You can pick up one from Amazon or similar places on the internet for $50 - $60 for a 1TB drive. I have a couple Samsung Canvio 1TB 7200 RPM drives that I use. Got one on sale for $49, the other for $59. Worth every penny.
Samsung Canvio drive.jpg
A lot of good info on using it here: Backup, imaging and cloning
A detailed tutorial here: How to Create and Restore a System Image Backup with Macrium Reflect
Thank you very much.
You're welcome, good luck.
If you don't want to use a 3rd Party Utility like Macrium, then instructions for creating a System Image using W10's inbuilt tools can be found at … https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5495-create-system-image-windows-10-a.html
Not meaning to be disagreeable Gary but I would not recommend using Backup and Restore (Windows 7). It's terrible and often doesn't work right.
Macrium is the way to go. It is rock solid.
In this case there is no good reason not to use it, unless you know something I don't.
I use Macrium myself, but I have had occasions (well one occasion really) when my machine has failed to restore from a Macrium image, so when that happened I was glad I had the additional security of a Windows image, which my computer did restore from.
Please understand that I am not in any way disparaging Macrium, as I said I use it myself, and it has saved me on a number of occasions, but like all products it is possible for it to fail, and so I believe it is always a good procedure to have more than one restore options available for when you might need them.
I understand Gary. Didn't mean to sound accusatory, sorry. I reacted so negatively because of several threads on other forums where people used Backup and Restore (Windows 7) and could not restore when it was need.
Multiple methods is an excellent idea but it's tough just to get people to do any kind of backup.
Personally, I use System Restore (iffy), Macrium and a program called Mirror Folder. Never lost a byte of data (knock on wood).
No problem Rich, I agree Backup and Restore (Windows 7) is probably not the best option, and Macrium has a well proven track record, and is recommended by many.
Maybe I should have phrased my post a little differently and made my meaning more clear, but to be honest I was just about to go out when I posted, so I rushed things a bit.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI