Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Verizon tablet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

I just found a tablet the kids left which is about 6 x 9 and has Verizon all over it. It has two slots on the right side. I think one is a sim card from the company which stores your info and the other is a ? internet card or ? - The first is smaller and does not come out and the other is empty and is twice the size as the other. What is the name and function of each. I have Verizon as my phone carrier for our cell phones and did not know if I could join my home network with this tablet. It likely costs to add a device but without data maybe thee is no internet charge if I use WiFi.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:36 AM

Hi Peter,

I think if you connect the tablet to your home Wi fi then there should be no extra charge.

However so we can firm up on that, tell us the make and model number of the tablet...( there should be either a data plate or an embossed section(s) with the make and model number etc. visible, but you may need a hand lens to view the details comfortably as the writing is often tiny!

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:07 AM

Hi Paws

I do get internet, thank you.

Could you please tell me what those two slots on the side of all devices are?

One is bigger than the other.

I suspect one is the sim card for carrier information,if activated and the other is  an expansion card for more storage - I forgot the technical name.

Other than that i am all set.

Edited by Peter1, 30 September 2019 - 07:08 AM.

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:04 PM

Hi Peter,

To be sure what the slots are, we really need the make and model number etc

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate