This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Verizon tablet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just found a tablet the kids left which is about 6 x 9 and has Verizon all over it. It has two slots on the right side. I think one is a sim card from the company which stores your info and the other is a ? internet card or ? - The first is smaller and does not come out and the other is empty and is twice the size as the other. What is the name and function of each. I have Verizon as my phone carrier for our cell phones and did not know if I could join my home network with this tablet. It likely costs to add a device but without data maybe thee is no internet charge if I use WiFi.

Hi Peter,

I think if you connect the tablet to your home Wi fi then there should be no extra charge.

 

However so we can firm up on that, tell us the make and model number of the tablet…( there should be either a data plate or an embossed section(s) with the make and model number etc. visible, but you may need a hand lens to view the details comfortably as the writing is often tiny!

Regards

paws

Hi Paws

I do get internet, thank you.

Could you please tell me what those two slots on the side of all devices are?

One is bigger than the other.

I suspect one is the sim card for carrier information,if activated and the other is  an expansion card for more storage - I forgot the technical name.

Other than that i am all set.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI