Hello NicoleD and welcome to WTT.
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.
Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
- please follow all instructions in the order posted
- please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
- all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
- if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
- the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
- please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
Note: Please complete these tasks in the order given in the instructions.
If you can’t use Edge, try using Firefox to download the programmes.
Download and run AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
- run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan Now
- when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean and Repair
- if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
- on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.
Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Please download and run the installer for Malwarebytes 3.0.
- follow the prompts to install the program, (Malwarebytes 3.0 will automatically upgrade Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x to Malwarebytes 3.0)
- Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- a 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected: deselect this if you don’t want it, (it won’t diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program).
- click Finish.
- on the Dashboard, click Update Now
- after the update completes, click the Scan Now' button.
- if an update is available, clicking the Update Now button will update it
- a Threat Scan will begin.
- when the scan is complete, if malware has been detected, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was found
- when the prompt to restart the computer appears, click Yes.
- after the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more
- click on the ‘History’ tab, the ‘Application Logs’
- double-click on the scan log which shows the date and time of the scan just performed.
- click Copy to Clipboard
- please paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.
Logs to include with the next post: