This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Studio 15 Notebook (Studio 1555) Won't Boot Up Again

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Everyone;

 

In my previous thread I posted about this same machine.

 

Well I'm sorry to say it's back to not being able to Boot Up.

 

It was running pretty well, but it started to go on & off, by itself.

 

I am trying all the previous fixes so far no Luck.

 

HELP

 

Thanks Again

 

Marty

Hello Tomk;

 

Yes, I performed all the procedures that were suggested in PhilPower2's last post.

 

Nothing seems to work.

 

​Decided to to buy & install a new motherboard & Memory.

 

Probably will need some expert advice on that?.

 

Thanks Marty

Marty,

 

I don't like to have to suggest that you spend more money… but while you are updating things, you really need to get rid of Vista.  That operating system is no longer safe.  I don't know how things are where you're from, or what the new motherboard and memory cost…but in my neck of the woods, you can get a refurbished laptop from a local computer shop for $150 or less.  I don't see any Studio 1555's advertised, but I could get a Dell Latitude 6220 with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated (2.5 ghz i5m, 500 gb HDD, extended battery pack) for $120.00.

Good Morning Tomk;

 

I already bought a new motherboard from EBAY.

​Planned on using the components in the existing machine.

I was in the process of upgrading Win Vista, when the machine died.

I have a stand alone Win 8.1 on DVD to install.

Then i planned to upgrade that to Win 10.

​I suppose a Drive Partition is the answer for the Hard Drive?

​I Listed the components that were in the existing machine.

 

Thank You for picking up my thread.

 

Marty

 

Components

 

224-3652 : Studio 15 Notebook (Studio 1555)

313-7352 : 8X Slot Load DVD+/-RW (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive + RAM support)

420-9170 : Power DVD 8.1, Digital Video Disk Drive

420-9319 : Microsoft Windows Vista with SP1 Home Premium Edition 64-bit Edition English

320-7722 : Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

313-7742 : Black Chainlink

421-0256 : Dell WebCam Central

430-2927 : Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11AGN Half Mini Card

320-7721 : 15.6 inch High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife and Camera

420-7770 : MS Workplus 2008

317-0470 : Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0GHz, 800Mhz, 2M L2 Cache

341-8425 : 320G 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

410-2187 : McAfee Sapphire MUI, 36-Month

330-1753 : 65 Watt Spare AC Adaptor 3 WIRE

420-8157 : ROXIO CREATOR 10 PREMIERE and #45; Ultimate Burn/Authoring

311-8624 : 4GB, DDR2, 800MHz 2 Dimm

330-2937 : Standard Internal Keyboard

312-0694 : 56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

330-0171 : S and P Drop-in-Box Marcom for DHS Notebooks

310-8628 : You have chosen a Windows Vista Premium System

330-0255 : Intel Centrino Label

Help,

 

Anybody want to help?

 

I installed a new motherboard & RAM.

 

It still won't come on.

 

Any suggestions?

 

Thanks Marty.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI