This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

System random reboot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Guy's, it's been a while.

 

I am running windows 10 and I have noticed recently that on occasion the computer just shuts down and reboots, there is no specific time so I doubt it's software update but could be something going on in the background.

 

I have run malwarebytes and AVG but nothing has been found.

 

hope someone can suggest something.

 

Regards

 

Tuxedo  :adios: 

Hello Tuxedo,

 

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

  1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Hi Phill,

 

Thanks for the reply, however I have done some digging and found that there had been an attempt of a update to windows 10 and it had been causing issues for some users. I believe microsoft have withdrawn the update which I think was responsible for the reboot.

 

All seems to be good now, thanks for your response.

 

Tuxedo

Hello Tuxedo,

 

Glad to hear that all is now well with the computer and thank you for posting the solution so that it may help others  :)

 

You are correct in that a recent cumulative update was causing folk problems but this is the first one I have seen were it was causing reboots so good catch on your behalf  :thumbup:

 

You are welcome btw  :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI