This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MS office to Libre Office

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have MS Office Home and Student 2010. I think security updates last to 20120 sometime.

 

Like many I would like to avoid the cost and subscriptions asked by MS.

 

So, do you know how I can convert my files in MS office Home and Student which number about 280, with 6 being .JPG  or something else.

 

I tried to use the wizard in Libre Office but it was a disaster. Only some converted, & others were not even legible.

 

I am reluctant to start to individually begin to convert each of the 286 files. I also do know how to import the few files which are not .docx.

 

I do not remember if I changed the default to MS Word 2006 in Libre before I ran the wizard or after !

 

I have watched tons of videos in YouTube but they do not address exporting from MS to Libre or importing from MS to Libre with multiple files.

Thank you for the referral. All was not well with Libre but its been awhile and I cannot recall the issue. I will stick with Word.

 

Good decision. In stuff like this, I guess convenience play a big role. Word is very familiar and any problem encountered can be easily resolved.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI