This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

The questions Malware/Scam/Botnet/Ransomware

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I dont really know where to place this post, and I imagine it will be moved or something so I do apologize to the moderators. Sorry. Anyway, I found help here several times before I was even a member and I kinda like the forum. As with any job that involves people I guess this one has to be the worst, well one of. 

I do realize that these have been related to before but curiosity kills the cat. And Im not sending links cause Im not sure it will be approved. 

Moving on to writing, I have noticed that there seems to be a huge uproar about the Malware, in general, I have been reading and following on the subject for quite some time. The news tends to blow things out of proportions sometimes. And the majority of bloggers I read are just copy-pasting someone else's work. I apologize to the bloggers with actual true and unique content. And especially the ones that actually know the topic. 

What I am interested, is seeing some posts here that software or should I say malware impersonates another or uses the certificate from another, makes things real messy. You trust a certain company and this impostor steals or whatever implements another making you a perfect victim. I have read somewhere that Microsoft dispatches updates through unguarded mediums because they have certain certificates. Now, I realize that these certificates cannot be obtained just like that, but the thought is scary. Is there a way for the simple user to protect themselves apart from using the offical website? I dont refer Microsoft it is what it is but in general. 

The second issue is I hear the spam and scam, and how they can change the official address by the single letter and get a victim to click. Is there another more substantial way than just relying on knowing each email address, like checking somewhere inside the email for example?

The third perhaps is one in general and I cannot narrow it down, but what is an advice to never ever do for a person which has low to none tech knowledge? 

The fourth one is everyone talks about this new Rapid Ransomware why exactly is it different than others?

The fifth is the botnet that came after Mirai I am not sure I remember the name but there was talk and nothing happened, my question is what is the opinion about their gathering and if there is an agenda at all as the news say?

The sixth (this one is for moderators) whats the most memorable post/situation you had?

That's it, I know the length.

The truth is regarding the protection question, all one can do is actually list the Internet, I dont mean to sound harsh but people generally dont want to read so the information are out there the question is how interested you are in the topic. The whole thing about privacy malware and everything else is easily available through search engines but for some reason, very few inform themselves. And there are ones who had major problems by not properly using the internet like fraud, theft and everything else. People tend to make a move when its too late, as with everything in life.

The truth is regarding the protection question, all one can do is actually list the Internet, I dont mean to sound harsh but people generally dont want to read so the information are out there the question is how interested you are in the topic. The whole thing about privacy malware and everything else is easily available through search engines but for some reason, very few inform themselves. And there are ones who had major problems by not properly using the internet like fraud, theft and everything else. People tend to make a move when its too late, as with everything in life.

Personally the privacy is a long list of things, and yes there are people who dont want to read, but not being the one of them I can tell you there are differences. I have read somewhere that a lot of people give up installing the banking apps because of their fright to install malware. Privacy is a subject that can be talked about for days.