Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

control+click doesn't work in word 2010

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Hi

Suddenly, control+click has stopped working in word 2010 documents and I have quite a few hundreds of them.  Anyone have any idea what the problem could be, please?

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.

hedley

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hi hedley,

Are you wanting to open multiple documents simultaneously by using Ctrl+click...?

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

Hi paws, thanks for the reply. No, I have hundreds of documents with hyperlinks in them, leading to webpages, or other documents giving information on any certain information, depending what the first document is on. Or it could be a document entirely of links of information on a given subject, but since a few days ago, when I ctrl+click on a link in a document or maybe copy info from a webpage to a document which includes hyperlinks and then try to click on these links using ctrl+click I get this message box 'The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator'. Apart from the fact that I am the administrator and haven't changed anything lately, I don't understand what has happened to bring about this change in circumstances. It's playing havoc with my work at the moment. Turning off ctrl+click doesn't work either, just says the same thing when you try to click a link. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.
hedley

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

Ok, Thanks for the extra information.

I will install MSO word 2010 on one of my test machines and see if I can replicate the problem.

Can you tell me please what operating system you are using...? for example

win 10, 64 bit...etc

as this will help me replicate ( hopefully!) the problem and point the way to a fix.

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hi paws, thanks for the reply. I am using Windows 7 ultimate, 32 bit, is that it? Toying with the idea of updating to windows 10 as there seems to be something going wrong, or disappearing, (MS at work I sometimes wonder), nearly every day at the moment. They seem to be making it harder, or more awkward to stay with the older windows, so I try to keep up to date with windows 10 how-to's, therefore the links, apart from all my windows 7 documents with links in them!
Thanks for the help.
hedley

#6 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Hi hedley

Ok ,

all understood.

I'll load win 7 32 bit on a test machine and then install MSO 2010 and see if I can replicate the problem, it would usually only take me an hour or two to set this up. but...... shortly ( tomorrow morning) I have to visit the Dental Surgeon for extraction of a bad  molar, so may be a tad fragile tomorrow....

However rest assured I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards

paws

#7 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

Just a thought... I've heard it might be related to Chrome.

Do you use Chrome?

Have you recently uninstalled Chrome?

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#8 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:29 AM

Hi paws, thanks, I'll be back later.

Hi Tonk, sorry, no, never have used chrome, I'm afraid. Never really fancied it at all. Thanks for the help, though.
hedley.