Jump to content

Build Theme!
  • Infected?


Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 92099 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!


"The requested URL was rejected" message from only one site

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 videobruce


    New Member

  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:13 PM

The entire message from my banks login page is:

The requested URL was rejected. If you experience issues browsing to this webpage please call the Online & Mobile Banking help line at 1-800-790-9130 and provide the Error Code below.

Your Error Code is: 6531125852713705488


This just started a few days ago out of the blue. No changed on this end, this site has given me little problems up to now.  I have spent two days troubleshooting this, running a dozen A/V & Malware programs, all basically coming up with dead ends.


I don't see anything else except between the bank & my ISP, but but both point fingers. (what else is new, not that that surprised me).


Per the suggestion of the member of this other forum, whom is a member here, here is what has been done;



Now from where it was left off, 


I power cycled my modem & router,

Re-installed an older image of the O/S from 2+ weeks ago (long before this started),

Ran a trace route (see attachment).


The problem is still there. To clarify here, it's getting to the login page, not the actual login. If I can get to the page, I can login.

It doesn't happen all the time, I say around 10% of the time it works. The browser is Opera Classic v12.18. I have tried Firefox v53, but most of the time (95%) it works there, the opposite of Opera.. On my Laptop running XP, there was only one time it had the problem (same Opera version). 


The message was from the bank. That phone number is good, it's not a hyjack or spoofing deal. I see a missing 'ping' in newark onj that trace route. is that a problem? I repeated the trace within a few minutes and it showed a 2nd time.


Cache & cookies are emptied on exit,

No firewalls, filters or A/V programs running,

I tried accessing the login page from their home page, but the same problem.


Ok, fire away.......... :wall:

Attached Files

Edited by videobruce, 06 July 2017 - 12:15 PM.


Register to Remove

#2 Tomk


    Beguilement Monitor

  • Classroom Admin
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

A couple of questions, just to clear things up in my head:

  • Did you call the number suggested? (it sounds like you did.  Just want to make sure.)
  • What did they suggest?
  • Did they tell you that the site was compatible with Opera?

I realize those are weird questions, but as an example, I have one building department site that I work with.  They do all of their plan reviews online.  I, typically only use FireFox as my browser.  Their site provides "strange" information when accessed with FireFox or any other browser except for IE.  They specifically designed their site to work exclusively with IE... I don't know why.  Seems bizarre for a government site but they are a bizarre building department to deal with anyway.  The bottom line is that in order to retrieve comments, I must use IE and "run as administrator" in order to use the site.  There are no other options.  It's not just me, it's the same for anyone who deals with them.




Topics are closed after 5 days without response

#3 videobruce


    New Member

  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

I did call that number, it is the bank. That site she told me to go to, which I don't see why, it id'ed my IP address as "suspicious" with their arbitrary number of 40 on a scale on 0 to 100. Zero being the worst. 

I'm not a 'server' or a web site'. I don't know what that was suppose to prove. :whistling:  


Anyway, I ran a few TraceRoute program on the path and come up with some interesting results. I don't know how relevant they are, but the 2nd hop away from my location surely has issues. One in NJ seems to also which I would assume is the more likely culprit.


One program had difficulty ID'ing the host name of that server (hop) in Newark, the other program was showing a high packet loss (normally not as high as this screen capture showed). 


All three showed what appears to be considerate issues with Spectrums (TWC) head end in WNY which I will bet is why I have intermittent phone issues with ny VoIP provider (PhonePower). :rant2:

Attached Thumbnails

  • 3d TraceRoute, WinMTR & Path Analyzer  traces 3.png

Edited by videobruce, 09 July 2017 - 12:45 PM.

Related Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users