I was just using my laptop like I do on a regular basis until Norton popped up a message on my screen displaying " Norton blocked an attack by: System Infected: Infostealer.Limitail Activity 25. I have used my Norton and done a full scan and no problems were detected. I then proceeded to use Norton Power Eraser to see whether it could pick up the problem and erase and it has not. I then did further research onto google about my scenario and there were no answers. The only advise I got was to download Malware Bytes and see whether it detected the problem, which it did not. It then guided me to this website to get advise from professionals to help me with my problem. I would be grateful for a reply on how to fix this problem.
If there is more evidence required I will also provide images of what norton is saying and to whom the sources address is.
Thank you for reading and Hope to have a solution.
From the write ups Symantec has on this, can be a tough cookie to deal with since it might attach to a legitimate file.
Please print out or make a copy in notepad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them. ~~~~~
Please download the installer for Registry Backup from here or here and save to your desktop.
Right-click on tweaking.com_registry_backup_setup.exe and select Run as Administrator >> Follow the prompts for a default installation
Ensure the option Open "Tweaking.com - Registry Backup" When Install Completes is selected >> Next > >> Finish
Once the GUI(graphical user interface) has appeared/loaded:-
[external image: TCRB-1.jpg]
Click on Backup Now >> once the process is complete the below will be displayed in the GUI:-
[external image: TBRB-2.jpg]
Close Tweaking.com - Registry Backup
Note: There will now be a folder at the root of the Hard-Drive named C:\RegBackup, do not delete this as it is the actual backup just created.
A tutorial for Registry Backup explaining the various features be viewed HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Important!Please do NOT perform any fix options offered in aswMBR, we just need to see the report.
Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
If a prompt stating: The computer supports "Virtualization Technology" appears select Yes
Click the Scan button to start scan.
If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
When it finishes, press the Save Log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your reply with the Farbar (FRST) log.