This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Connect Scans to PC

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'd like the office printer to send scans to my PC

I can see my PC in the list of Networks but not a Scan file with the little blue bar/tube icon below \NAME

I can see in DOS  C:\NAMEScans

I can see my PC listed on the printer under the scan option. \\Computerdescription\NAMEScans

 

I'm able to send print jobs from my PC to the Printer 

It all worked just fine before Windows 10 upgrade occurred. 

 

Now i'm using Windows 10. 

 

Can someone advice how to make the printer send the scans to my computer?

You probably need to redefine the share on the Win 10 computer so it can be referred to by it's UNC name.

 

Open a Elevated Command Prompt (right click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)).

Enter net share.

What do you see.

 

For instance, on mine I see

Lenovo_C     C:\
Lenovo_D     D:\
Lenovo_E     E:\
Lenovo_F     F:\
Lenovo_G     G:\
Lenovo_H     H:\

 

as these are the shares I've setup on my PC.

Good morning and thanks for replying.

 Mine says

C$     C:\                           Default Share

G$     G:\                           Default Share

IPC$                                  Remote IPC

Print$ C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers

                                          Printer Drivers

Admin$ C:\WINDOWS      Remote Admin

Lots of info available via Google:  share files and folders windows 10
For instance:

Windows 10 How to share a folder over network - YouTube
Video for share files and folders windows 10
▶ 8:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOqW-Hd3zo8
Jan 14, 2015 - Uploaded by Faiz RoXx

Windows 10 How to share a folder over network I love Windows 8.1! … how to backup and restore files and …
How to share files in network using Windows 10 - YouTube
Video for share files and folders windows 10
▶ 2:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbjZmIBDl-c
May 11, 2015 - Uploaded by shivam srivastava

Sharing Files in network using Windows 10. … How to Share files/folders between Two Computers over LAN …
How to share a folder in Windows 10 - YouTube
Video for share files and folders windows 10
▶ 2:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaEdZBuspec
Jul 31, 2015 - Uploaded by Robert McMillen

Use folder to sharing to share your data with others in you… … How to share files in Windows 10, 8, 7 via …
How to share files in Windows 10 | TechRadar
www.techradar.com/how-to/…/how-to-share-files-in-windows-10-1314233
TechRadar
Feb 3, 2016 - You can share your files between any device that uses Windows 10.
How to share any folder without password in Windows 8/10 - Super User
superuser.com/…/how-to-share-any-folder-without-password-in-windows-8-10-in-a-h…
Oct 17, 2014 - My question is: How to set up file sharing correctly, in a home network, with Windows 8/10, so sharing any folder with "Everyone" (File …

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI