This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Lost icons on top Excel 2000

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have windows 10 os and I still use Microsoft Office 2000.  Specifically my version of Excel 2000 doesn't have the usual icons located on the top left of the screen; such as New Copy icon, Open icon, Save icon, print icon, abc icon, cut icon, copy icon, paste icon, paint icon, undue icon, redo icon, sum icon, A-Z descending icon, Z-A ascending icon, percent of screen icon.  In other words the whole top row of icons.  The icons that I do have start with the Font type (Arial, New Times Roman) and the size of the icon (10, 12, 14, etc), then I have the B (bold button) and on down the line.  I have attached a copy of what I can see on my screen.

 

So it seems like there should be a 'quick' fix to recapture this top row but I can't find it.  

Right click next to help and deselect minimize the ribbon. This works for MSO 2007 not sure about 2000. Give it a try.

Bottom line: it worked!  When I right-clicked I didn't see "minimize the ribbon" but did see "standard."  After clicking that it brought back the icons.  Thanks for the help.  It's so great to have you techies helping us flounders.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI