Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Lost icons on top Excel 2000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

I have windows 10 os and I still use Microsoft Office 2000.  Specifically my version of Excel 2000 doesn't have the usual icons located on the top left of the screen; such as New Copy icon, Open icon, Save icon, print icon, abc icon, cut icon, copy icon, paste icon, paint icon, undue icon, redo icon, sum icon, A-Z descending icon, Z-A ascending icon, percent of screen icon.  In other words the whole top row of icons.  The icons that I do have start with the Font type (Arial, New Times Roman) and the size of the icon (10, 12, 14, etc), then I have the B (bold button) and on down the line.  I have attached a copy of what I can see on my screen.

So it seems like there should be a 'quick' fix to recapture this top row but I can't find it.  

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenHunter_77 Aug. 17 08.31.jpg

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 chuck666

chuck666

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

Right click next to help and deselect minimize the ribbon. This works for MSO 2007 not sure about 2000. Give it a try.

Edited by chuck666, 18 August 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#3 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:18 AM

Bottom line: it worked!  When I right-clicked I didn't see "minimize the ribbon" but did see "standard."  After clicking that it brought back the icons.  Thanks for the help.  It's so great to have you techies helping us flounders.

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

That was a good fix Chuck666

:thumbup:

Many thanks for your excellent contribution.

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate