This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

DISM cmds

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

Some time ago, after all the SFC and DISMs  failed I used a .WIM disc to obtain the correct source file for this attachment to correct files in my pc.

I have forgotten how this was initiated.

Do I just perform a cmd prompt with IMAGE_HEALTH.ZIP  using the .WIM file in the pc(disc or stick) and let it pick up the file needed, following the directions in the attachment which refers to source?

TY

Attachments:

I am so glad you came along again. My question is succinct; I copied the zip link to a page so I could download if necessary and by- passed Dropbox. That is good.

 

Prior to that I was trying to put  the zip command in the address bar which did not work. 

 

This was very important to me - as I said I was putting that zip file in the address bar and now have the zip link address copied to my notes so it works.

 

What happens if the author/forum removes the link address I copied?  Will my www link still work or not?

Perhaps I'm not clear on your questions… but if you save a link… you have the link.  Regardless as to whether the location you copied it from still exists.  You could write the address down by hand and then type it into your computer one character at a time and it will work the same.

 

The link is just a time savings device to keep you from having to type out the address.  Think of it like your smart phone when you call someone.  You can type the number in or hit the icon for the stored number.  The phone system doesn't know the difference.  If someone writes their number down on a piece of paper, you input it in your phone, and then burn the note with the written number… the number will still work.

 

However, if your link that you saved is to the forum where someone published the link that you want… then the link you saved will still take you to the forum, but the published link may have been removed.  That's a whole other story.

Hi Tom

I tested my link and it does not take me to the forum so that is good. However, although I luckily got to where I should be to enter my .WIM disc for "source,"  I opened 2 zip files and was all over the place. Finally I saw the blue box with about 7 choices , one being source.

I think the idea is when all the sfc and DISM tries have failed to fix either corruption or a missing file, the source option with the .WIM disc inserted is the way to fix this.

Please correct me if I am incorrect and if there is a short way to do this I would appreciate knowing it.

TY

Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI