This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

SFC and DISM

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I ran both and DISM reported the source files could not be found. I could not read the error and the HTTP link could not be copied.

I have Win 10 x 64 and am unsure of what to do.

I have system images of the clean install and an image after the large update.

Would system restore be worth it?

Should I insert the Win 10 disc and run a program or ??

 

Any help appreciated

Peter

 

PS I used Revo a couple of times and it may be possible that a file was dropped by that program.

I clicked the link and it took me to the Win 8 forum. I saw where I was supposed to go to Win 10 so I posted there .

Is the suggested material difficult or is it my limited ability?

 

I tried to understand it but did not know where to begin.  

I tried to upload 2 attachments which were results from SFC and DISM but it said I cannot upload that type of file. I was able to do so in the other forums.

 

I have system restore, images of win 10 clean install and also the last big update, and reset (whatever that is.

If you were to use my options which would you begin with and i what order?

TY

Peter

 

Desk

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

© 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

 

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

 

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

 

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

 

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For

example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not

supported in offline servicing scenarios.

 

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

 

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

© 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

 

>>C:\WINDOWS\system32>=   Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

 

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

 

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

 

[==========================100.0%==========================]

 

Error: 0x800f081f

 

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

 

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

 

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Why did you post in the Win 10 forum? I sent you there for the instructions on how to fix the DISM problem you described (The source files could not be found.). Kyhi will probably respond though.

 

All you need to do is download the zip file then unzip it, mount your Windows 10 X64 ISO (right click on it and select Mount) then run the cmd as Administrator. It is really that straight forward.

The link you gave sent me to win 8 not ten so I posted in ten after I saw the instructions to do so.. I got confused. Sorry.

 

I did the process and chose option one. After it was done it said,"Enjoy!", but SFC still did not work. What number did you choose?

I performed an image recovery and SFC etc are all set. Should I keep the 7 GB previous Win installations in system files cleanup?

I do know how to run the new program being discussed but it did not help.

Hi Rich

I understand. I'm glad the process discussed worked for you and many. 

I do understand it and it may come in handy some day.

Meanwhile, thank goodness for Macrium as it made a long day short.

I was going to do it from the beginning but was warned about 64 and 32 byte issues.

Don't believe all you read.

TY

Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI