Hi Experts,
I formated my D drive but I have done by mistake. So I recover all data using Power Data Recovery many file working ok but some Excel file corrupted and unable to open. How can I fix it?
Thanks!
Get back Excel files after D drive
1 min read
Unfortunately, I don't have good news for you. ![]()
It has been my experience that you should have recovered more files than you originally had. As you save a new, larger file, your system may store it in a different place than where it was. When you do the data recovery, the software will find the files in both places. The file found in the original location will be corrupt because other files overwrote it. But, hopefully, the one recovered from the newest location will be usable as it wasn't overwritten.
Also, different recovery software may find different files. You could try recovering with a different program.
All that being said, your best bet is to keep trying all of the recovered files and hopefully you will find the one that will work. I have, in times past, actually found multiple versions of some files will work.
Keep your fingers crossed and keep trying.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI