I'm having trouble extracting/unzipping an important Winzip file, heres the error messages:
WinZip encountered problems during this operation.
Would you like to view the detailed results of the last operation showing the specific error(s) encountered.?
YES
Extracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\"
Use Path: no Overlay Files: yes
Extracting UVIDS.zip
I/O error - unable to read from zip file
Unable to authenticate file. Either the Zip file has been damaged or the password is incorrect
Unable to create C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\UVIDS.zip:
The size of the extracted file (1287651328 bytes) does not match the uncompressed size (1987321916 bytes) recorded in the zip file
Additional Notes:
- Im logged on Win XP as the admin
- The password for the file IS correct.
- I deleted the original folder and files.
- I attempted this extraction umpteen times.
- To create this zip file, I zipped all the original files into one folder, and then zipped that folder again so you could not see the original file names. You cannot see the original files, only the zipped foldercalled UVIDS.
Please help me unzip these important files.
Software
Zipped important files and now Winzip won't unzip them
1 min read
PeterRussell
Topic Starter
paws
This same question (using exactly the same words) has been asked on multiple forums over the last 10 years.
if you came here to spam then you will be banned without further notice.
prochazka
Get winrar as that seems to be better
www.winrar.com
Also with regards to recovering the data either use runtime recovery tools which you can use for free, but make sure to write the recovered data to a different partition or to different media so you don’t over write the data you are attempting to recover.
This site should give some options
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI