This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MBAM Exploit

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

I wrote to MBAM support 2 weeks ago but never heard.

I have tried to uninstall exploit, reboot then install and reboot.

It won't install.

My desktop is very similar to the laptop where it has not trouble.

I have Win 10 x 64 .

Could you please send some advice.

I am not much with registry fixes altho I wish I were.

If I do  system restore, I will affect a few of those redistributable, and update packages etc.

Thank you,

Peter

Did you right click on the MBAE installation file (mbae-setup-1.08.1.1045.exe) and select Run as Administrator?

What happens when you try to install it? What error message do you get.

Is there anything listed in Event Viewer after the install fails?

 

Also, look at the log files in "C:\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit", see if any log files were updated during the install that might help indicate what is wrong.

 

What I would do, after making sure I had a current backup image is as follows:

 

1. Delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" folder and all the files it contains.

2. Run CCleaner, click on Registry, uncheck Unused file extensions.

3. Click on Scan for issues.

4, Click Fix selected issues.

5. Click Yes to backup changes to the registry.

6. Click Save.

7. Click Fix all selected issues.

 

CCleaner will get rid of any registry entries that point to the MBAS folder you just deleted.

 

Now reboot and try installing the latest MBAE by right clicking on mbae-setup-1.08.1.1045.exe and running as Administrator.

 

That should resolve the problem.

 

Do please answer my questions too.

I tried clicking on the exploit path and found it but could not have it reveal anything.

I also tried running as admin.

When I click to install it seems to work but when i reboot and click to start it just does not open and there is no error message.

I am not skilled with event viewer but did open it>applications and looked for any errors on the date which was the 5th. Nothing turned up.

I enclosed a print screen to show my path and yours are different.

When I clicked on the folder to delete it as you said, it said,"It is being used by another?". I therefore tried to find out with task manager etc where it was being used to no avail so I deleted exploit as i have 4 times before. Even rebooting and reinstalling does not work.

 

Sorry I could not follow all the rest but the program is now gone.

I had run Ccleaner copying your check marks only and that is when this began. It likely had nothing to do with it but everytime I have used either Revo or Ccleaner, I have a problem. Revo could not find Exploit to totally remove it - it must be 64 byte.

 

I will keep trying and get back to you.

TY

Peter

 

>>I did a restore back to 12-3-15 and it did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and when I clicked on it to remove it,  it says does not exist. Going to do SFC

Hi Rich

I just finished so wanted to finalize the thread. I did all I could but ended up with Macrium. Not much to do. SFC is fine and all apps seem OK now.

Exploit seemed to be installed in two places, I think.

Thanks again for all your kind help.

Peter

I really tried to do as much as I could by self self and with your advice - to the degree i was capable of.

That exploit kept appearing in different paths no matter if I used Unlocker etc.

I guess a couple of downloads create new paths. I am not sure if it is Beta or not but seems to be troublesome. The icon cannot be removed from the task tray which I find annoying.  At least the tooltips can be disabled.

I did it all so finally, as my post #4 alludes to I used Macrium successfully. I was up to date so all went well. Incidentally, I always keep a baseline image after a clean installation has been tweaked just in case.

Even SFC is fine now.

So the answer is yes and thanks a lot for checking in.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI