This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Format

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Dell 8400 with about a two and a half gig of ram and I want to reformat it because it's slow and it's got a bunch of crap on it I don't want and I just want it restored to original factory settings what is the easiest way to do that

think the 8400 was windows xp and came with an install disk, don't think it had a recovery partition so unless you have the disk to install the os again i don't think it is possible for you to do a factory restore.

 

i might be wrong though,

 

according to this link :- http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6365349_restore-dell-8400-factory-settings.html

you may be able to start the factory restore process by holding down the Ctrl key and tapping F11 key just after you've powered on the pc.

 

or according to this link :- https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/computers-beginners/restoring-dell-dimension-8400-its-factory-setting-214643.html

you only need to tap the F10 key on power up to start the factory restore process.

 

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI