This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Win 10 passwords

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello

Is it better to save or not to save passwords in a browser? I ask in case someone had access to your pc  they could view the list of passwords. I know with win 10 the list is obvious and with chrome you only have to give your chrome id. and can view all saved passwords.

TY

That makes sense -I was shocked when I saw the list of passwords and thought it would not be good in the wrong hands. Usually I keep them in 2 flash drives. Like you, no one but my wife has access so if I am not hacked I think I will save them and not be concerned..

I read about your opinion not to clean install and glad I did b/c they run well without doing so..

If you clean install you also lose the dvd they gave you when you upgraded. I did try VLC and it is much easier than a few years ago.

It plays my home made video s clearer and smoother than Widows did.

TY

It plays my home made video s clearer and smoother than Widows did

 

My two cents, VLC is great and can run codecs that Windows may not run or play but it depends on how those videos are coded or what format they came in for the end viewer,  I like some of the options in Windows Media Player but VLC makes it a lot more easier in some cases,  so two thumbs up for VLC :thumbup: :thumbup:

 

Edit:

 

For passwords…never let them there for anyone to see…thats why I have 3 x's…lol just kidding,  I do for my FireFox at home it's ok for me,  at work it is a different animal,  the question is how safe do you want to be with your information and e-mails or what ever,  my suggestion is to keep it protected even with your wife,  she may be unaware of things that may happen that she has on her computer and not on yours…would I let my wife see my messages…of course I would,  just saying she could get a bug on there or visa-versa where you both are unaware of it because you don't know which of you just checked that one e-mail and opened it

I find VLC to be easier. I don't do too many complicated things so I leave the defaults and just play videos.

I am going to keep passwords within my house but understand the risk outside of the house. I am clear on that now.

TY

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI