Hi
Had occasion to be in misconfig today and noticed that most of Microsoft's services are configured as stopped. Everything is ticked but the enable all button is greyed out. There are also some of my programme update services stopped and it seems no way to start them.
Windows Update is stopped, as is Windows Backup. WLan AutoConfig, Windows Event Collector, Web Client, Volume Shadow Copy, Virtual Disk, Programme Compatibility Assistant etc. These are just a sample and I admit I don't know what they all are, but I'm sure some of them should be 'started' and probably some of what is left should be running. Let's put it this way, there were more MS services stopped, than started and no way it seemed to start them.
Maybe some of these non-starting services would account for my external drives not starting up with my computer. I always have to boot them separately, and would maybe account for why some things just don't work, period.
I appreciate it if someone could tell me what MS services should or shouldn't be 'started' in Misconfig, please, if you could.
Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
hedley