This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

gateway and external router

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My Comcast gateway is working with my pc, TV and digital phone.

 

The digital phone is on a base and 2 cordless phones. I also  have 2 phones on land lines.

 

The secure network I have established via the router in the gateway slows my smartphone to a crawl.

 

However, if I use data or xfinity which is Comcast Wi- Fi the smartphone is snappy.

 

Question;

Can I disable the warless in their gateway and put an Ethernet cable in the back of that gateway and use my own router or will this mess up my wireless phones??

 

I don't think I know enough to handle bridging.

 

 

I really apologize for not getting back to you. There was a bigger issue with the laptop which consumed my time. Because things are working well, and because I know what  to do should the time come I have all the notes secured. Thank you all very much for your continued support.

I had not responded -  and neither did anyone else.  I was just feeling bad that you had not gotten a response.

 

Glad to hear that you believe you are on your way to a solution.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI