This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Auto Play not working in Windows 7 Ultima

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have Auto Play enabled through the control panel and each type of software/disc shows what program

I want to use to run it.

 

Auto Play does not work.  Nothing happens when I load a CD, DVD, BD disc.  The computer disc light

blinds several times but nothing happens.  I have to manually start it myself.

 

Does anyone know how I can fix this.  I have tried everything, even called Microsoft and they have not

been able to help me.  In fact I think she did not know as much about it as I did when we were chatting.

 

Thanks.

 

 

I greatly appreciate your reply and the article you suggested.

When I followed your instructions, it solved my problem. Now when I insert a CD, DVD, or Blu Ray disc
it is automatically played by the software that I have set as the default for the type of disc as set up
in Control Panel/Auto Play.

AutoPlay is now working as it did before it was evidently changed by an update in Windows 7.

Thank you. You have helped me where even Microsoft could not.

What The Tech is the website to go to whenever you need prompt and most of all accurate information.

I now can't auto load a software disc.  I put in the software disc and it opens up in the computer this

way:

 

Only opens up .ico pictures.  The window where it opens up reads: Windows live photo gallery.

 

What I think is wrong is that the file associations are set wrong.  I have auto play in control panel set to

"Ask me every time" when a software disc is inserted.

 

How can I correct this?

 

I only have 3 files on this software:

.inf

.exe

.ico   

 

My file association for these type files show:

.inf   Open with Notepad

.exe Open with Notepad

.ico  Open with Windows Live Photo Gallery.

 

The disc opens up in Windows Live Photo Gallery showing the icon picture.

I can right click on the drive and choose Open.  I then click on the .exe file and it will work.

 

I will note that my software disc worked correctly before.

 

Tom

 

Thanks

 

Tom

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI