This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Constant Disk Activity slowing things down

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron with 4GB of Memory, 466GB Hard Drive, twin Core Processor and 100MB Internet Speed.

 

I keep getting lots of disk activity slowing down anything that's running or trying load things.

 

If I get an email with a WORD attachment (I use Thunderbird) and want to open the document, it takes ages to load WORD, sometime I get that Thunderbird is Not Responding, while I head the drive going crazy.

 

Also loading Internet Explorer takes ages much longer than Chrome or Firefox. 

 

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

 

Let me know if you need any more information.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI