This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Intel DQ45EK Motherboard - CPU

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a DQ45EK motherboard that is suppose to support a Q8400s (SLGT7) CPU. I have the latest BIOS available from Intel.

When I installed a Q8400 (SLGT6) CPU I get a note at start-up that this CPU is not supported. But the Intel web-site says it is. I'm running Windows 7 64 Bit.

 

Excuse my lack of knowledge here but is their a difference between a Q8400s (SLGT7) and a Q8400 (SLGT6)?

 

Will I be able to use my Q8400 (SLGT6) CPU in this board?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI