This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Grapics Card compatible with Motherboard?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I recently used this forums for some network problems I was having and I was satisfied that I would like to ask for some support. So, basically I wanted to upgrade my graphics card and the one I was interested in said it was a "PCI Express 2.0 x16" and my motherboard said it has "PCI slots (PCI 2.2 compliant) ". I can't figure out if it is compatible with my motherboard and will be able to use it before I buy it.
That board has an AGP 8X/4X slot:

1 x AGP slot (8X/4X-AGP 3.0 compliant)

This was the previous standard prior to PCI_E 16X.

You can upgrade to an AGP 8X card which would still be a decent upgrade for such a computer.

You can probably add RAM as well.

Here is a RAM scanner that will let you know what RAM upgrade choices you have:

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI